After a journey of connection, expression & creativity on the beautiful island of Bali, I feels that the time is right to launch my new brand & website. So, welcome to my first official blog post, written with love & blessings from me to you, from one of my favorite places on Earth.
This trip was the most impulsive decision, which came along when my best friend Beth (a pilot for Qatar) asked if I would you like to go away. Anywhere was on the cards & our hearts were both drawn to Bali, one of the furthest away but most welcoming islands I have ever been to. So of course I said yes! We were off, only booking our flights a few days prior. The world of a pilot hey… I could get used to this! This was to be the first time leaving my baby girl for more than a week so this was an emotional time for me, but much needed as I’m now carrying our second child & need some time to nurture myself for the sake of the family & us.
The past week has been fuelled with not only energy from the delicious array of plant based food (vegan cafes are popping up all over the place especially in Ubud, the cultural capital) but fuelled with a creative explosion, so much so that I have not put my pen down from writing in my journal. I have been drawn to an array of books, workshops, meetings, cultural gatherings and treatments. On my yoga mat I feel my practice has entered a more uplifting & nourishing flow. During this daily sadhana (self-practice) I always have a pen handy to write all my feelings & inspirations that arise on the mat. After I finish I just write nonstop with the first things that come to mind. Don’t over think it; just write!
Why don’t you try this exercise ?
After you finish your yoga or even straight out of savasana, see if you can write for 5-10minutes without stopping. Don’t think about what you’re writing or censor yourself. Forget about grammar/ punctuation. Just write & maybe the muse will challenge you.
Launching my new April Dawn Yoga site & brand.
Your purpose (dharma) comes alive when you live your own truth, when you’re completely connected to you & your authentic self. My purpose has truly aligned into clear view this last year to offer yoga to everyone. My range of classes are devoted to creating a sacred space for students to move freely, have fun & experience the infinite possibilities within themselves.
BREATHE. PRACTICE. TRANSFORM. HEAL.
Change is the only constant in life! Wow, lots of new & exciting things have happened to me in the last few years with moving back to Cheshire, starting my very own family & now baby number two on the way. But it seems as though just as much has changed in my business life too. I have immersed myself into multiple teacher training courses & new styles so I can offer so much more through my classes, retreats & one-to-ones. It was so important for me, that my classes could suit all people, across all walks of life. Yoga is for all, no matter what life cycle or changes you’re going through.
I wanted to create a yoga space, which suited all people so whether you’re after a powerful, strong Vinyasa class, a super slow restorative class, a simple meditation or a class you can take your entire family too, I can guide you through your journey.
I now offer a wide range of classes, which you can access through my website. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch, I can help to guide you through class and options available, that would be most suited to you at this time in your life.
Email me email@example.com
For example some of the following
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga
- Restorative / Yin Yoga
- Women’s Yoga
- Family Yoga
- Kid’s Yoga
- Prenatal/ Postnatal Yoga
- Fertility Yoga
- Yoga for Stress & Fatigue
- Yoga Nidra Classes (Deep Relaxation)
In addition, I have a new Offerings page, which will include all of my passions and the topics and subjects that I have studied & expanded on throughout my personal journey:
- Essential Oil Therapy– I am now a wellness advocate in aromatherapy. Through an initial wellness consultation & creating a personalized program, I can help increase your health & vitality.
- Reiki– I do one-to-one sessions, which are most popular among families. Or I can incorporate into your yoga practice to enhance healing.
- Doula Work– A Doula is a certified professional to assist and educate mothers through the various emotional and physical aspects of birth. Doulas provide continuous support for women/couples through pregnancy, labour, birth & the immediate postnatal time. We work alongside medical professionals, offering more personal support in a way that suits you. I am still in my training but will be a fully qualified Doula at the start of 2017. I can be a calming support for women during birth by helping flow with their birth plan or using hypnobirthing & yoga birthing techniques.
- Birth Preparation Workshops– I offer quarterly birth prep workshops to help couples feel more empowered, confident & calm about their upcoming baby’s arrival. My next will take place on Sunday 19th February 2017 in a beautiful countryside barn studio (11.00-16.00).
- Hypnobirthing– From February 2017 I will be offering one-to-one hypnobirthing classes to women/couples. I will also be hosting some hypnobirthing courses in Cheshire.
- Mother’s Blessing/ Blessingway– This is an alternative to a baby shower in that the focus is purely on the mother. I organize ceremonies with circles of friends to celebrate the beautiful journey the woman is about to embark upon into motherhood. They can be held in the comfort of the mother’s home, another venue or my yoga studio space. It is all to honor the mother with love, blessings & support for her journey. Such a beautiful gift for a pregnant woman.
- Red Tent Meets/ Women’s Circles– This is a monthly meet up just for woman to spend time together sharing, talking & listening. Meetings are organized around the lunar calendar & usually take place on new moon/full moon. You’ll always walk away feeling more grounded, renewed & stronger. There is a monthly theme to discuss, meditation, goddess cards, cleansing rituals, food sharing and a sense of openness. Red tents set out to create a safe space for women to share their experiences, a place to rest from the business of life & an amazing space to make life-long friends.
- Yoga in the Barn– Saving the best until last. I have now set up an event business with my beautiful friend, Sophie Hughes which has now been going for a year. We offer a range of events & retreats at our two private studios, or in other beautiful settings around the country or abroad. Keep updated by finding us on social media @yogainthebarncheshire & website coming soon.
All of these classes & offerings are led with love & passion. I hope you can enjoy one soon. I look forward to meeting you.
Get ready to shake things up,