Hypnobirthing empowers both mother and father and has the most profound effect on the baby, which lasts a lifetime. Learn the confidence and the simplicity of a natural and calm birth. Your body is designed to give birth efficiently and comfortably so that birth can be the most wonderful and empowering experience of your life.
Hypnobirthing is a well established and well-recognised, logical programme with a focus on natural birth. It uses the power of positive language to combine easy to learn methods of deep relaxation, breathing techniques, visualization and affirmative positive thinking to reduce anxiety, stress, fatigue and fear, and, as a result, also reduce pain.
As part of learning hypnobirthing techniques, you become informed about what happens to your body during labour and birth, giving you the tools to make the best decisions for you in consultation with your medical advisors. This is combined with the important work of releasing your fear and building your confidence.
The result is that you are given back the opportunity and confidence to be in control of your own birthing experience. Hypnobirthing does not promise a perfect outcome or to totally eliminate discomfort, but it does empower you to remain calm and enjoy a positive birthing experience.
Benefits of Hypnobirthing for You and Your Baby:
– You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
– Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
– Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births.
– Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
– Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
– Your birth partner will learn how to support you and have a central and active role in the birth. A truly shared and loving experience.
The benefits to you are obvious, but the long-term benefits to your baby cannot be over-estimated. We repeatedly get wonderful birth stories of Hypnobirthing babies being calm, content and sleeping really well. They seem to thrive.
I have trained under the KG Hypnobirthing method with Katharine Graves which is the original UK hypnobirthing course designed for mothers.
What Will I learn on a KG Hypnobirthing Course with me?
– Breathing exercises
– Deep relaxations
– Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
– Comforting massage
– How the father can be your powerful protector and support
– How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
– Knowledge and information about the whole process
– How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
– A simple practice regime to support you at home
– Understanding how the mind and body work together
Group sessions x3 week course: £180
Day Course: £90
Private Hynobirthing classes, x 3 sessions organized at your own convenience: £220
Refresher Courses also available for couples who have previously done hypnobirthing- £95 for 2 sessions
For scripts & cds for home education: £30
I offer both private and group sessions. Private classes will be in the comfort of your own home. Evening and Weekends available.
I also incorporate hypnobirthing techniques into my weekly pregnancy yoga classes, one to one classes and birth preparation workshops. Please see class timetable for details.
Hypnobirth puts the power and control of birth firmly back into the mother’s hands. I look forward to welcoming you to a class.
April is a fully recognised practitioner under the HypnoBirthing Institute and is certified and authorised to teach the complete HypnoBirthing program.
Class Updates & New Events Monthly